Our Dental Services
Who we are:
1. Abingdon Dental Care Ltd, trading as Saint Helens Dental Practice, is a private dental practice located at 7 East Saint Helen Street,. Abingdon. Oxfordshire. OX14 5EG.
If you would like to contact us about any of the information contained within this privacy notice you can contact Mrs Fiona Sands, our data controller, by email at Fiona@abingdondentalcare.co.ukor telephone 01235 521129.
What information we collect about you:
2. We collect information about you when you enquire about our services or make an appointment with us for treatment or advice. We will retain details and clinical notes relating to the care you receive within our practice and from third parties. We also collect information about you when you voluntarily complete any customer surveys, participate in any competitions we may run or if you provide us with feedback.
How will we use the information we have about you:
3. We will use information about you to enable us to arrange appointments with the dentist or hygienist/therapist and to ensure you are receiving care appropriate to your clinical needs. Our regulators, The General Dental Council, require us to create and retain records of the dental treatment that is provided to patients and we are obliged by law to keep these records for 10 years after the last date of treatment.
4. We will not disclose your personal data, including records of your treatment, unless required to do so by law, or with your explicit consent. (If you have been referred to us for specific treatment by another dental or medical professional, we may disclose details of your treatment where appropriate) Wherever possible we will discuss any disclosure with you in advance. We will never pass on any of your information to a third party for marketing purposes.
5. We may share your information with selected third parties including; business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the purpose of any contract we enter into with them or you; analytics and search engine providers that assist in the improvement and optimisation or our site; credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
6. We will use your information to provide you with details of any services or products that we offer that we think will be relevant to your ongoing care or which we feel may be of interest to you.
7. We would like to send information about products and services of ours and other companies we work with which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
Access to your information:
9. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all, of your personal information please email Fiona@abingdondentalcare.co.uk or write to the following address;
Saint Helens Dental Practice, 7, East Saint Helen Street, Abingdon. Oxfordshire. OX14 5EG.
10. If your personal details change or it comes to your attention that the information we hold about you is inaccurate in any way please let us know and we will make the appropriate corrections
11. If you have concerns about the way in which we have handled your data, or you are not satisfied with our response to any complaint you have made, you can complain directly with the Information Commissioner Office. https://ico.org.uk
Where we store your personal information
12. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. When dental records are shared with third parties, this is done through an encrypted file sharing service.
13. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
14. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
15. We regularly review our privacy notice and will update this page when necessary.